Monday, January 11, 2010

The Leopard Lady


I'm not a die-hard Lanvin fan, but a lot of the shapes from Spring 2010 were oddly inspiring. I'm also not really into the color palette nor do I usually go for flowy or asymmetrical cuts, but something about it gave me weird Auntie Mame vibe, and anything that reminds me of my favorite movie of all time is welcome in my life.



For Pre-Fall 2010, I read that Alber Elbaz was inspired by the "leopard lady" who he says is a French woman that he sees all the time in Paris. Apparently she never leaves the house with out her leopard coat, come rain or shine. He also said he wanted to "take all these animal prints out of the jungle and into the chic city".

My favorite Pre-Fall looks.



With that kind of statement I guess I envisioned Auntie Mame meets Princess Tam Tam at a drag show (dream come true), but with the exception of those 3 leopard numbers above the whole collection was really safe and pretty boring. Or maybe I'm just easily bored and want everything to look like an over-the-top circus?


No comments: