Sunday, May 9, 2010

Vivienne Westwood for Cole & Sons


I first saw Vivienne's Squiggle print transformed into wallpaper in the November 2004 issue of Vogue. At the time, Serena Rees and Joe Corré had it custom made to cover the walls and chairs of their London home and I went crazy for it. It was so brilliant that I just knew she would eventually have to produce her own collection of wallpaper.


While the entire Cole & Son collection is lovely, I feel like it's a bit too safe for Vivienne. I wish she would have made some of the prints from her Spring 2001 Exploration Collection into wallpaper, like the books or botanicals.


I still love the Squiggle though, and my second favorite print from the Cole & Son collection is the Trompe l'oeil Drape.


See the entire collection on the Cole & Son website.

No comments: