Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Is There Anyone Out There?



Lets us listen to this while we read...

Just a quick note to let you know that I opened a store about 6 months ago and don't have time to blog here anymore. I thought I could juggle both projects, but there is just not enough time in the day and really at the end of the day, the aesthetic and vision of Pygmy Hippo is where I'm at.

Together with the help of my right hand man, we built every inch of the shop from the ground up in just over 3 months. We wanted it to have the look and feel of a store you'd find in Disneyland, and we based the stores color scheme around our favorite wallpaper from Grow House Grow.

The idea behind Pygmy Hippo is simple: offer unique vintage and handmade goods, mostly from local artists and designers, at affordable prices, in the tiniest space EVER. If you're not in the neighborhood, you can take a look at our on-line shop here. We rotate the small selection of goods out on-line every month or so, but ideally, we'd love for you to come see the space in person.



I still work on Cloven Hoof when I have the time, and I sell the piece exclusively at the shop, so if there is anything you're looking for, drop us a line.