Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Amazing Grace


She performed at the Hollywood Bowl last night and I missed it. I'd known about the show for months but completely forgot until my friend called to let me know she was stuck in Highland traffic due to her performance.

I can't even begin to articulate what a huge inspiration Grace has been for me over the years. She hands down has the most vicious style I have ever seen in any artist of my time.

(V Magazine)

I'm devastated that I missed her. A close friend tells me she'll be back and that this was a sort of mini teaser tour. I certainly hope so because judging by photos and write up's, it was spectacular.

And this is why I fucking LOVE youtube. I know it pales in comparison to the real thing, but at least I can live vicariously through the audiences' shitty camera phone clips.

Her opening song "This is the Life" was performed completely covered in a silver lame sheath only to reveal her INSANE AMAZING zebra-like ensemble at 4:50. 




And altough the sound is shit, cover of Roxy Musics "Love is the Drug" is brilliant.



WHAT IS HAPPENING WITH THAT OUTFIT?!?

Philip Treacy and Eiko Ishioka KILLED IT with the hats and costumes. I can't even get into my undying love for both Philip and Eiko's work right now, let alone the reality that Grace Fucking Jones rocked them both for her entire tour. What a dream!

No comments: